Applications are invited from individuals with MSc. or PhD in statistics, biostatistics or a relevant health sciences discipline (e.g., public health or epidemiology) with a strong statistical or quantitative background. Applicants must have completed their graduate degree prior to the start of the Program (September 1, 2024) and must be eligible to work in Canada. The CANSTAT program is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in its admissions processes. Ten successful candidates will be accepted into the program each year.
Applications will open on January 15, 2024. To apply, individuals must submit a complete application package consisting of the following documents by email to email@example.com by March 15, 2024 at midnight (EST):
- Application Form
- Statement of interest (750 word maximum) describing the applicant’s
- Background and research experience and interests
- Expectations and fit to the program; and specifically, how this program will help facilitate career goals
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts from all institutions attended, including international institutions
- Names of up to 3 potential mentor pairs ranked in order of preference. Refer to the Mentors page, which includes biographies. Visit Mentors page.
- Two letters of recommendation. These must be emailed directly by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are encouraged (but not required) to provide relevant information regarding any career interruptions to allow for a fair assessment of their application.
- Applications for the 2024-2025 program will be accepted from January 15, 2024 to March 15, 2024 at midnight (EST).
- Applications will be reviewed and ranked by a Review Committee and top applications will be forwarded to proposed mentors, who may interview applicants.
- Mentors will provide their ranked list of applicants to the Admissions Committee.
- The Admissions Committee will make final decisions to match successful applicants with mentors. This matching process is governed by a variety of factors, including the number of applicants interested in working with specific mentors, as well as the availability of mentors. Therefore, matching with the preferred mentors is not guaranteed.
Notice of Decision: May 1, 2024