We have taken several steps to achieve this:
- Seeking diversity in our investigators and fellows
- Appointment of an EDI-champion to support and monitor EDI activities.
- Ensuring that training materials are developed to accommodate diverse learners.
- Standardizing the training, mentorship and experiential learning to ensure that fellows have equitable opportunities to thrive in the program.
- Transparency in the CANSTAT policies regarding selection, training, travel, authorship, grievances and expectations using inclusive language.
- Tracking EDI data over time to monitor any inherent biases in the program.
- Incorporating EDI principles in training modules.
- Appointment of an ombudsperson to address grievances and complaints.
- Continuously identifying and implementing best practices to enhance equity.